There is plenty of talk and rumors about different cosmetic procedures, including the Facelift Surgery. But the following are some of the most surprising facts about this procedure:
- Fact 1: A facelift has the ability to improve your overall facial appearance in the most natural looking way possible. You no longer have to worry about have the “wind tunnel” look. Specialists today have perfected the art of repositioning the deep structures of the face creating great long-lasting result making patients look 10-15 years younger. A successful facelift tightens and lifts the jaw line, tightens and lifts the loose skin on the neck, and lifts the structures of the face that have fallen or appear “droopy”.
- Fact 2: Do not expect all your wrinkles and aging spots to be removed during a facelift procedure. This surgery is meant to improve wrinkles and folds but is not meant to remove them all. There are other types of treatments to improve age spots or wrinkles. Some individuals combine the facelift with other surface repair treatments. Treatments such as botox and fillers can help improve those wrinkles that did not disappear after your facelift surgery.
- Fact 3: The facelift is aimed at correcting the lower portion of the face. During this procedure, doctors improve the appearance of the neck, jowls, and jawline. If you also wish to have work done on your eyes, it may be a good idea to combine the facelift with an eyelid or brow lift. Although this may sound a little intimidating, having both surgeries at once is a good way to combine both recoveries into one.
- Fact 4: You may have heard advertisements on TV about non surgical facelifts. Don’t be fooled! There is no such thing as a non surgical facelift. A surgical facelift tightens the neck, jawline and smooths the jowls, while the so-called liquid facelift just uses fillers and botox to add volume to the face and reduce wrinkles. These “liquid non-surgical facelifts” do not have the ability to produce the same results as a surgical facelift.
- Fact 5: If you are interesting in undergoing a surgical facelift, it is essential that you see an expert who specializes in BOTH the surgical and non-surgical approach of improving and rejuvenating the appearance of the face. While a facelift may be the perfect procedure for one individual, another individual may not need something as intense as a facelift. Sometimes botox and fillers are all you really need. It is important to see a doctor who is experienced in performing both.